Do you want to join a successful EdTech company that makes education interesting, accessible, and playful to children around the world? Join us as our very first Lead Backend Developer in Canada!
Binogi is a Swedish EdTech company. Our e-learning platform is currently used by hundreds of thousands of students. Using test-based results we strive to constantly improve student success. Expanding on our Swedish operations, we are excited to open our first production facility in Canada! We now have ambitious plans for the international market. We are a creative company of script writers, animators, voice artists, and developers. Your work will be at the core of this by building and improving inhouse products to facilitate the creation of our beloved content.
We’re now looking for a Lead Backend Developer to spearhead our new tech team in Halifax, Nova Scotia. As our first developer on the ground in Halifax you will set up and lead a team that will work with everything from inception and development to release and follow up. Feedback is close at hand, and fast.
LAMP stack - PHP 7, Laravel, MySQL, AWS
You are going to be responsible for our custom products that facilitate our inhouse content production as well as tools that supply other internal systems with content and data.
You will move fluidly between architecture, API and feature development, infrastructure as well as code reviews. You will develop in the classic LAMP stack with the tools and environment of your choice, make those tests turn green, and deploy to AWS several times a week.
You like to lead an agile team with retrospectives, prioritization, and dailies. You strive to automate away all the boring stuff, help others, and to always improve. You like clean code, a pragmatic approach, and quick decisions.
- You have extensive experience working in PHP, preferably with Laravel or Symfony and are confident about writing robust code.
- You are more than familiar with object-oriented programming and key design principles.
- You think it’s important to run a tight ship with proper monitoring, logging and alarms.
- You are fluent in English.
- Ideally, you have experience with DevOps and feel confident handling Linux servers, Bash scripts and Apache configuration.
- If you have experience in leading a team or building user friendly products all the better.
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building our team so that we represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Different makes us better.
Sounds like you? Easy-apply without CV. We look forward to connecting with you!