We are looking for an experienced animator, who works in Adobe After Effects / Creative Suite, to join us in setting up a new production unit in Halifax.
At Binogi we believe learning should be fun and rewarding. Our service covers educational curriculum in the form of short animated films, and students can test their skills and knowledge with engaging quizzes.
You are an experienced animator who has probably worked with both character animation and motion graphics for at least two years. You appreciate working in a team to create outstanding results. Most likely, you have been working with animated stories and you are familiar the process from start to finish. We will, however, value your personal ambitions, curiosity to learn and your attitude equally.
You are an expert working with Adobe After Effects and have excellent working knowledge in the other components of Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in scripting and creating automated workflows in After Effects is an asset. In our Halifax production unit, we want to explore and develop our agile production process further, so experience in working in SCRUM or Kanban teams would be excellent, but as this production methodology is new to animation, we could also learn together. A successful candidate is able to follow self direction in the creation of our animated lessons while working closely with scriptwriters and voice artists.
You are creative, structured and can work with many different tasks simultaneously. You are curious, eager to learn and share together with others. Communications in the company are done in English, so you'll need to have full professional proficiency in English both orally and in writing.
If this sounds like you, we'd be happy to hear from you.
- Prepare and execute animation for our films, primarily in Adobe After Effects.
- Provide feedback to writers and voice artists on scripts and sound.
- Commission illustrations for our films.
- Create additional material/illustrations for publishing on our platform.
- Develop the production process jointly with your team mates.
- Meet students and be part of user testing on a regular basis.
- Studi Sweden currently reaches more than 170,000 students in more than 65 municipalities.
- Unique, in-house produced content in 9 languages.
- "Education for all, from day one" ("Skola för alla, från första dagen") is our guiding star - including students who don't speak the language of instruction, those who have reading difficulties, and those who simply want concise, efficient learning.
- Very positive feedback from teachers and students. We really make a difference.
- Central office on Barrington street, Halifax, at Volta.
- ~40 friendly people in the company. 4-6 in Halifax.
- International ambitions, several opportunities may open in Europe, Africa, N. America.
- Company outings, hack-days, and great team spirit.
This position is located at our office in Halifax. It is currently a full time contract position for up to 12 months. Some travel may be needed on a regular basis. We take diversity and equal opportunity seriously. We are committed to building our teams so that we represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Different makes us better!