At Binogi, we believe learning should be fun and rewarding. Our platform currently covers middle school curriculum in the form of short animated stories, and students can test their skills and knowledge with engaging quizzes.
All our content is translated and localized into many languages, and here is where you come in!
We need your help to coordinate the translations and localisations (Dollars vs Euros, Celsius vs Fahrenheit) of our online lessons and ensure that the quality is top-notch! This involves communicating with our global team of freelancers using our proprietary software interface.
We are seeking a structured and process-oriented individual to help monitor and streamline our content conversion pipeline.
Ideally, you have a keen interest in languages. Being detail-oriented, you are able to view animation for the most minor imperfections.
You have the ability to assess the energy and tone of an actor's voice without necessarily understanding what is being said! Don't worry, the translators will make sure the words are correct :)
You have a passion for learning and understand the possibilities of digital education technology.
You're fluent in English and probably another major language.
You are able to work effectively together with your colleagues in the production team. You have the necessary skills in image processing, video and audio editing software (Adobe CreativeSuite) and are eager to learn more. You are curious, quick to learn and keen to share with others.
- Administer and communicate with our freelancers.
- Quality assurance of delivered material.
- Work with production management to ensure schedules / completion quotas are being met.
- Manage payments and logistics.
- Provide user feedback to continuously develop our internal production tools.
- Onboarding of new freelancers and employees.
- Maintain and develop processes with an eye for efficiency.
- Assess and quality assure the work of our freelancers
- Negotiate remuneration for freelancers in conjunction with management based on established rates
- Be the internal voice and expert on localisation and translation.
- Maintain an ongoing staffing plan for the team with regards to future resources, both freelancers and space.
- Work with users to gather feedback on quality
- Binogi currently reaches hundreds of thousands students in Sweden and is growing fast on other markets.
- Our service is available in Sweden, Finland, Germany, Canada, Kenya and Tanzania.
- Unique, in-house content produced in 9 languages
- "Education for all, from day one" ("Skola för alla, från första dagen") is our guiding star - including students who don't speak the language of instruction, those who have reading difficulties, and those who simply want concise, efficient learning.
- Very positive feedback from teachers and students. We really make a difference.
- Central offices at Volta on Barrington Street in Halifax
- ~60 friendly people in the company, 10-15 in Halifax.
- International ambitions, several opportunities may open in Europe, Africa, N. America
- Company outings, hack-days, and great team spirit
This position is located at our office in Halifax. Some travel might be needed on a regular basis.
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building our team so that we represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Different makes us better.