Do you want to be part a successful EdTech company that makes education interesting, accessible, and playful to children around the world? Join us as a Backend Developer in Halifax!
Binogi (also known as Studi) is a Swedish EdTech company. Our e-learning platform is currently used by hundreds of thousands of students. Expanding on our Swedish operations, we are excited to open our first production facility in Canada! We now have ambitious plans for the international market. We are a creative company of software developers, scriptwriters, animators and voice artists. Your work will be at the core of this by building and improving in-house products to facilitate the creation of our beloved content.
We’re now looking for several Backend Developers to spearhead our new development team in Halifax, Nova Scotia. As one of our first developers on the ground in Halifax you will help set up a team that will work with everything from inception and development to release and follow up of software solutions, apps and other moving parts of our product landscape.
We strive to maintain a great company culture and promote a healthy life style, which is reflected in benefits we offer to all employees, such as 4 weeks of paid vacation and other benefits.
How we work
- Agile Development with dailies & retrospectives
- Continuous Delivery with releases several times a week
- High automation factor, little grunt-work
- Robust, SOLID code, high test-coverage
- Constant code reviews
LAMP stack - PHP 7, Laravel, Lumen, MySQL, AWS
You are going to be responsible for our custom products that facilitate our in-house content production as well as tools that supply other internal systems with content and data.
Your main focus will be on building new APIs and products for various purposes as well as improving and further-developing existing ones. You will develop in the classic LAMP stack with the tools and environment of your choice.
- 3+ years professional experience in Software Development
- Familiarity with PHP 7 and its features and quirks
- Worked with at least one big framework (e.g. Laravel, Rails, Django, Symfony, ...)
- Confident in writing SQL queries, ideally in MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Nice to have: experience with DevOps, AWS, WebServers, etc.
What we offer
- Salary: $60,000 - $80,000 CAD a year, depending on experience
- 4 Weeks paid vacation: Ample time off with the peace of mind to use it!!
- 4.5% Employer contributed RRSP, no employee matching required.
- Health plan with 24/7 access to a certified physician by phone or app.
- Health-benefit plan for activities that promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible working-hours and management supported work-life balance
- New company laptop/equipment of your choice
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building our team so that we represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Different makes us better.
Sounds like you? We look forward to connecting with you!