We want to remove the barriers to education regardless of background, language and location. Come make a difference and help us make that happen. If you are an outstanding writer with a passion for helping people, this is a unique chance to make an impact.
Over the course of eight years, we have developed and proven our multi-lingual learning material and platform that today reaches over 200 000 students and teachers. Feedback is glowing, and international expansion is just kicking off.
At Binogi, we believe learning should be fun and rewarding. Our platforms cover the curriculum in the form of short animated stories, and students can test their skills and knowledge with engaging quizzes.
We are now looking for a scriptwriter/script editor. You will write not only captivating scripts yourself but also coach freelance writers working for us. We cover many school subjects, so the right candidate is well educated and informed in many areas but has a particular interest in the humanities (Geography, History, Civics and Religion). You most certainly have a bachelor's degree or higher in the Humanities.
In our Halifax production hub, we want to explore and develop our agile production process further, so experience in working in scrum teams is an advantage.
You have a passion for learning and believe students should be equally challenged and encouraged to perform. You are probably a native English speaker who has studied English on an academic level. Knowledge in other languages, especially French, would be an asset. Our service is available in Sweden, Finland, Germany, Canada, Kenya, and Tanzania.
You are a skilled writer and work effectively together with your colleagues in the production team. You are comfortable collaborating using such tools as Google G Suite. You are meticulous, structured and have strong attention to detail. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, switching between multiple tasks. You are curious and eager to learn and share with others.
- Write and edit scripts for several subjects.
- Coach colleagues and freelancers.
- Work together with our voice artists and animators throughout the production process.
- Be part of the production team.
- Support the creation of engaging quizzes for our lessons.
- Meet students and be part of user testing regularly.
- In Sweden, Binogi currently reaches over 200,000 students in over 80 municipalities.
- All our content is scripted in two languages, where one of them is English.
- Unique, in-house content is produced in 11 languages.
- "Education for all, from day one" is our guiding star - including students who don't speak the language of instruction, those who have reading difficulties, and those who simply want concise, efficient learning.
- We have very positive feedback from both teachers and students. We really make a difference!
- Central office at Volta on Barrington Street in downtown Halifax.
- ~50 friendly people in the company. 12-15 in Halifax.
- International ambitions, several opportunities may open in Europe, Africa, N. America.
- Company outings, hack-days, and great team spirit.
This position is located at our office in Halifax. It is a temporary position for up to 12 months. Some travel may be needed on a regular basis.
We take diversity and equal opportunity seriously. We are committed to building our teams so that we represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Different makes us better!